JOB TITLE Healthy Neighborhoods Coordinator
Reports to: Programs Manager, Impact Department
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week, Non-exempt
Location: The City of Lompoc and Santa Maria Warehouse
II. JOB FUNCTION- The Healthy Neighborhoods Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Foodbank’s Health Initiative in Lompoc. This initiative is designed to bring together a whole neighborhood of families in the effort to build a resilient and nutritionally healthy community, where food and health become the focus for community engagement, education, and economic development. The Healthy Neighborhoods Coordinator is also responsible for bridging communication between the Lompoc Nutrition Advocates and community members with the Foodbank, in alignment with the Foodbank’s mission to end hunger and transform the health of Santa Barbara County. This position requires local travel in the Lompoc area and to the Foodbank’s Santa Maria warehouse.
III. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Oversee the Health Initiative program development, volunteer training and management, and all logistics and weekly operations of the Community Food Access Center.
– Coordinate monthly Nutrition Advocate meetings, which includes ongoing communication with participants.
– Assist in the ongoing evaluation and monitoring of the Health Initiative and Nutrition Advocate programs.
– Manage the weekly logistics of the Community Food Access Center.
– Draft monthly reports on the status of the Health Initiative and support the Development Dept. with grants.
– Work effectively with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the organization and successfully engage in coalitions.
– Cultivate and deepen relationships with key government and community organizations in the Lompoc area.
– Work to provide tight integration of services in the Community Food Access Center that reflects the needs and desires of the surrounding community.
IV. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
– Thorough understanding of the Lompoc community.
– Program management and/or event planning experience.
– Experience with grants preferred.
V. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Proficient reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish and English, including the ability to give bilingual public presentations.
– A commitment to the mission of the Foodbank and to modeling health and wellness.
– Able to maintain an exceptional level of communication with the partners, media, community representatives, elected and appointed officials, and co-workers.
– Excellent writing skills and keen attention to detail. Must have the ability to achieve deadlines and be skilled in planning, people, and project management.
– Able to multi-task, collaborate with others to achieve goals, and produce high quality and effective products with limited resources.
– Able to lift 30 pounds.
– Must have access to reliable transportation and a valid CA Driver’s License.
-Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.