The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. We serve the community as a leader and expert in improving the nutritional health of our county through increased food security.
Position: Backyard Bounty Coordinator
Time Commitment: 25 Hours/week
Overview of Responsibilities: The Backyard Bounty Coordinator oversees logistics and communications for the program, rescuing local produce across the county for the benefit of those in need in our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage produce donation requests from first donor inquiry through scout, harvest, and warehouse intake, including pickups of already gleaned produce and at farmers markets
- Oversee harvest schedule and assist community members in organizing gleans, partnering with other local gleaning organizations
- Maintain donation records for Backyard Bounty using inventory database
- Schedule, supervise, and help with recruiting, retention, and appreciation of Backyard Bounty volunteers
- Maintain ongoing marketing and public relations for Backyard Bounty, including networking events, social media, and newsletters to increase community awareness and involvement
- Conduct outreach among existing and prospective donor base
- Work with warehouse staff to coordinate pickup, storage, and distribution of gleaned produce that is efficient, timely, and esures the integrity and quality of the food
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and education
- Experience with event planning and volunteer coordination
- Expereince or interest in farming, gardening, and working outside
- Experience in a non-profit setting
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact, communicate, and network with a variety of people including donors and volunteers of all ages and backgrounds
- Must have excellent computer skills and experience using software, web-based tools, and social media platforms
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to become a certified forklift operator
- California Drivers License and ability to drive a pick-up truck
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No calls please.
Position Title: Warehouse Manager – Santa Barbara
Reports to: Director of Operations
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of warehouse. Oversee data processing functions, receiving, distribution, and inventory control in compliance with Feeding America requirements. Implements necessary procedures, policies, and standards in the warehouse and establishes long-term work plans ensuring effective, safe, and efficient operations, and facility and equipment maintenance. Coordinate Foodbank food procurement; for Choice, USDA and purchased product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Foodbank food procurement program including purchased, USDA, and donated; ensuring both warehouses have inventory to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Manage the receiving, storage, rotation and distribution systems and procedures of product in an effective, organized, first-in-first-out basis; assessing operational resources and procedures for maximum efficiency and productivity while maintaining current computer receipting of all goods received, distributed or transferred.
- Maintain positive working relationships with grocery stores, growers of produce and other food donors in the Santa Barbara County and areas outside Santa Barbara when necessary.
- Inspect and review quality and quantity of work. Monitor the flow of product through both warehouses forecasting volume levels and communicate levels to Director of Operations and Santa Barbara warehouse manager.
- Conduct physical inventory and prepare accurate monthly USDA, purchased and donated food reports to include product received, distributed, and current inventory. Prepare warehouse for year-end annual audit.
- In cooperation with Director of Operations, coach and support warehouse staff building an informed and effective team environment. Conduct annual reviews and enforce disciplinary action when necessary.
- In cooperation with Foodbank Safety Coordinator; maintains safe working conditions at the warehouse, with the vehicles and the equipment. Be alert to all safety hazards. Responsible for correcting all hazards in a timely effective manner. Ensure warehouse staff is actively participating in safety meetings, audits and trainings. Ensure all vehicles and trucking laws, regulations and requirements are adhered to.
- Maintains positive working relationships with member agencies (customers) to determine their needs and inform them of Foodbank products and policies. Work collaboratively with Agency Relations Coordinator and Program and Agencies Director ensuring problems with member agencies are addressed in a timely manner.
- When necessary participate in hands-on general warehouse duties including but not limited to loading and unloading of trucks and agency vehicles, warehouse cleaning, driving and other duties as necessary to accomplish the goals of the job.
- In cooperation with Safety Coordinator, implement, enforce, and document ongoing warehouse facility safety and sanitation procedures, conducting daily/weekly/monthly inspections to ensure sanitation, health and safety standards are met in accordance with Feeding America and local and state regulatory agencies.
- Actively participate as member of operations management team and safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
-Two years proven inventory control experience preferably in warehouse distribution setting
-Proven ability to direct and supervise warehouse staff
-Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
-Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer skills related to inventory control programs and warehouse operations
-Ability to effectively lead a team, as well as, work as a team member
-Ability to time manage a warehouse staff and establish day-in-day-out and long-term priorities
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-General mechanical ability and aptitude
-Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.