Today’s superfood filled lunch is brought to you by our Kids Farmers Market! The Colorful Kale Salad is packed with nutrient rich ingredients & oh so easy to make. Get the recipe below…
JOB TITLE Chief Development Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Exempt, Full Health and Wellness program benefits
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is a dynamic organization with a visionary yet achievable goal to end hunger and transform the health of our communities through good nutrition.
Our view of this work is that:
– A food bank can break free of the physical limitation of its warehouse space and leverage food sourcing, storage and distribution to help people in new ways;
– A food bank can exercise leadership over its network of member agencies to solve problems that cannot be solved by one organization alone.
– A food bank can utilize innovative programs and education to empower people to take responsibility for their health through good nutrition;
– A food bank can be a powerful tool for the community leadership where we can help each other and our county to be food secure.
– A food bank can advocate for systemic change to alleviate the underlying pressures that cause poverty and the increased dependence on our services.
– A food bank can become a preventative healthcare organization which moves people out of crisis and in to sustainable health.
There is now an opportunity for a Chief Development Officer (CDO) who will coordinate the expansion of our resource acquisition at the local, State and national levels. This will be to adequately provide sustainable funds and community support to position the Foodbank as the leader in the provision of nutrition-based health education and food access support in Santa Barbara County.
We are looking for a seasoned, strategic, and process minded leader, experienced in developing an innovation and performance culture among a group of fundraising professionals and community volunteers. The CDO must be a leader who takes responsibility for meeting fundraising targets and fostering an environment of philanthropy within the organization.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages countywide fund development staff; the selection, integration and growth of department to ensure employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Designs, implements and evaluates fund development budgets (income and expense) and activities which support organizational growth and fiscal soundness; combines development resources to achieve the greatest return on investment.
- Crafts and implements fund development plan to attract, retain and motivate resources for the organizational, including passive income sources.
- Solicits contributions on behalf of the organization through corporate relationships and a major gift portfolio 50+/-; supports development of foundation and corporate proposals and solicitation materials.
- Oversees design, development and maintenance of Constituent Relationship Management system (Salesforce) to deploy communication strategies, cultivation movement and acknowledgment programs.
- Develops, oversees and evaluates organizational marketing strategy in partnership with either an internal marketing manager or an outside Public Relations company; creates a balanced mix of solicitation methods tailored to the needs of the organization, including campaigns, events, direct mail, online giving and planned giving.
- Provides vital input around strategic and operational planning to leadership team and Board; serves as liaison between the organization and Feeding America on fundraising activities.
- Assures accountability with fundraising standards and practices for organizational resources.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
Bachelors’ degree or higher;
5 years+ experience with personal success in raising $4 million+ through a fund development plan encompassing diverse fundraising channels; major gifts from individuals and annual giving campaigns, businesses, foundations and corporations; comfort and experience in a technology-driven fundraising environment;
Broad-based knowledge of various development campaign activities including: internet, direct mail, proposal and grant development, annual fund and planned giving, event planning and management, direct solicitations and leveraging fundraising databases; ability to think creatively about how to effectively engage new donor audiences and deliver results;
Experience with coordination and preparation of budgets; hands-on experience with one or more donor databases/software, such as Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, as well as Microsoft Office suite proficiency;
A track record as an exceptional communicator, in writing as well as verbally; adept at writing solicitation letters, donor correspondence, proposals and other kinds of material for publication; experience preparing and making effective presentations to diverse groups large and small;
Demonstrated skills in motivating, coordinating and supporting the fundraising activities of a 5+ team of fundraising professional and direct experience working with nonprofit boards preferred;
The successful candidate should be:
A mission-driven individual with an understanding of, belief in and commitment to organizational mission to provide food access and good nutrition to all;
A good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to act on information to develop increased support;
A hard worker; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development and advancement activities.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is an organization committed to ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. To help our team achieve this, we are looking for a dynamic Marketing Communications Manager.
JOB TITLE Marketing Communication Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location: Santa Barbara, Foodbank Education Center
Exempt, occasional weekends and after hour events; full health and wellness program benefits
JOB FUNCTION- The Marketing Communication Manager is responsible for all marketing efforts to position the organization as an identified leader in supporting the nutritional health of Santa Barbara County.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage and execute an annual strategic marketing and communications plan to span across all platforms and reach appropriate target audiences; support individual giving (online, monthly, tickets sales and whitemail); evaluate the success of various strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure ongoing media coverage during quarterly campaigns, press release production, op ed pieces and campaign talking points serving as Foodbank media liaison in concert with PR & brand consultant(s).
- Develop and produce collateral materials to create a cohesive brand image and messaging for print and digital platforms, i.e. annual report, website updates, events materials (invitations, postcards, sponsorship deck), ads and monthly mailchimp e-news communication.
- Manage direct mail vendor to execute monthly mailings and acquisition.
- Utilize social platforms to engage, educate, increase awareness and build resources for the Foodbank; generate content and incorporate local 3rd party events and cause marketing and national campaigns.
- Create and utilize marketing intern team to broaden reach and impact of the Foodbank.
- Provide departmental support and other duties as assigned or delegated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in marketing, advertising & communications or equivalent experience;
- 2– 4 years of experience in marketing role involving strategic planning, marketing, communication and media relations;
- Demonstrated understanding of non-profit fundraising landscape and trends.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe/InDesign graphic design suites, WordPress, Mailchimp, Squarespace and web programming capacity;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills; results-orientated and a passion for creativity and good nutrition for all;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multifaceted demands; proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Bowl by bowl volunteers are helping to fight hunger in Lompoc.
“Seeing this many people, the volunteers, people helping to help the same cause it’s awesome,” says Devin Bergeron, a volunteer.
It’s all part of the Santa Barbara County Foodbank’s 13th Annual Lompoc Empty Bowls Fundraiser.
A rainy day provided the perfect setting Wednesday for soup-seeking attendees at the Lompoc Empty Bowls event. The 13th annual benefit for the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County drew hundreds of people to the Dick DeWees Community & Senior Center on West Ocean Avenue. Assorted restaurants and other organizations provided gourmet soups served in hand-painted bowls, with bread and water making up the remainder of the simple meal.