The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. We serve the community as a leader and expert in improving the nutritional health of our county through increased food security.
Position: Backyard Bounty Coordinator
Time Commitment: 25 Hours/week
Overview of Responsibilities: The Backyard Bounty Coordinator oversees logistics and communications for the program, rescuing local produce across the county for the benefit of those in need in our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage produce donation requests from first donor inquiry through scout, harvest, and warehouse intake, including pickups of already gleaned produce and at farmers markets
- Oversee harvest schedule and assist community members in organizing gleans, partnering with other local gleaning organizations
- Maintain donation records for Backyard Bounty using inventory database
- Schedule, supervise, and help with recruiting, retention, and appreciation of Backyard Bounty volunteers
- Maintain ongoing marketing and public relations for Backyard Bounty, including networking events, social media, and newsletters to increase community awareness and involvement
- Conduct outreach among existing and prospective donor base
- Work with warehouse staff to coordinate pickup, storage, and distribution of gleaned produce that is efficient, timely, and esures the integrity and quality of the food
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and education
- Experience with event planning and volunteer coordination
- Expereince or interest in farming, gardening, and working outside
- Experience in a non-profit setting
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact, communicate, and network with a variety of people including donors and volunteers of all ages and backgrounds
- Must have excellent computer skills and experience using software, web-based tools, and social media platforms
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to become a certified forklift operator
- California Drivers License and ability to drive a pick-up truck
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.