The Organization: The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is a hunger relief organization whose mission is to end hunger and transform the health of our communities through good nutrition. We are looking for a Director of Operations who can lead our Operations team in the safe and efficient receipt, storage and distribution of healthy foods to non-profit organizations across the County.
Position Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: CEO
Position Summary: Provide strategic leadership and overall management of the Warehouse, Partner Services and Volunteer Services Departments. Ensure the delivery of comprehensive services and programs, both short and long term that comply with and support the Foodbank’s stated mission and vision. Recommend, plan, coordinate and direct all ongoing activities associated with the daily operations of the Foodbank, with an emphasis on maintaining a healthy and accurate inventory. Build and maintain working relationships with community resources, local agencies, donors and vendors. Provide status updates on daily operations to the C.E.O. as requested. Serve as a member of the Foodbank Leadership Team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Warehouse Manager, Partner Services Manager, Volunteer Services Manager
Budgetary Responsibility: Working with all departments to develop and manage the operating budgets for each of the functional areas assigned.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Develops and recommends programs and process improvements that increase the safe distribution of healthy foods across our County.
- Provide direction and oversight to the Warehouse Managers regarding the procurement, warehousing and distribution of donated, government and purchased food.
- Oversee food donor engagement and appreciation across the County
- Provide direction and oversight to Volunteer Services regarding the recruitment and most effective utilization of our volunteers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with local food donors and food vendors to ensure a steady supply of healthy food for member agencies
- Oversee all reporting and compliance for the Operations Department, including food safety standards for Public Health, AIB, and Feeding America.
- Develop and oversee the budget related to the Operations Department, conducting regular cost-benefit analysis to determine the most effective use of available funding.
- Build and maintain on-going relationships with community resources and other non-profit agencies.
- Work with Human Resources to direct, motivate and review staff members as required. In addition, collaborate with Human Resources as needed in all staff performance management issues up to and including termination when necessary. Through key staff members, provide leadership for staff and their supervisors and provide direction and long-term planning for the organizational structure.
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the C.E.O.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, plus 3 – 5 years of progressive operations management experience.
- Ability to handle detail of specific duties while still developing and maintaining a broad perspective of corporate vision, goals and accomplishments.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff.
- Proven ability to make decisions, allocate resources and prioritize operational objectives.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present complex information to staff, executive management, major donors/corporations and the Board of Directors.
- Experience working with the strategic planning process.
- Ability to develop and maintain support of broad community leadership and build community relationships
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
- Experience driving continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities.
- Must have financial acumen in order to develop and manage annual operating budget.
- Exceptional conflict resolution problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated personal involvement within the social services community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook..
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work in the evenings and on weekends when called upon.
- Experience working with inventory and inventory software
- At least 4 years working experience in non-profit programs or directly related experience in social service agencies and/or business management.
- Experience working with large scale kitchen operations or a food production environment.
- Strong understanding of geriatric and children’s nutritional needs and the work of food banks.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
How to Apply: Please submit half page cover letter and resume to email@example.com.