JOB TITLE Community Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Hours: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Santa Barbara Warehouse
JOB FUNCTION- The Community Program Manager is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the success of Foodbank community programs, as well as the oversight and evaluation of programs, as we meet the Foodbank’s mission to end hunger and transform the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. This position will be directly responsible for the Foodbank Diabetes Impact Group program which targets food insecure individuals at-risk or diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. The Community Program Manager will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward toward its mission.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage direct-to-client food security and food literacy programs, including the facilitation of program development, expansion, and sustainability.
- Oversee program administration, volunteer training and management, support with grants, and all logistics and day-to-day operations of Foodbank programs.
- Facilitate the adoption of programs by partner organizations and adapt programs to address the needs of target client populations, as applicable.
- Assist in the on-going evaluation and monitoring of all Foodbank programs.
- Communicate internally with all Foodbank departments as needed, including Operations, Development, Impact, Finance and Executive.
- Support Impact Department to reach goals related to budget, reports, grants, evaluations, events, compliance, client testimonials, interns, partnerships, Board of Trustees, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Social Science, Education, or Nutritional Science preferred)
- Nutrition background/knowledge
- 1-2 years project management experience
- Experience managing grants preferred
- Public speaking
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish, including the ability to give public presentations in Spanish
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills, and ability to hold self and others accountable to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff, management and executives
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting low-income and underserved populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
Valid CA Driver’s License
Access to reliable transportation for occasional work-related travel
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com No phone calls please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.