Position Title: CalFresh Advocate
Type: Full-Time, Temporary
Reports to: Senior Impact Manager
Location: Santa Barbara or Santa Maria Warehouse
The CalFresh Advocate will oversee the coordination and administration of the Foodbank’s CalFresh (SNAP, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) program countywide. The CalFresh Advocate will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward its mission to end hunger and transform the health of Santa Barbara County.
Duties and responsibilities: This is a temporary (6 month) position that will oversee Foodbank’s CalFresh outreach in the county. This position will work with the Foodbank’s Impact Department by conducting applicant call-backs, CalFresh outreach, and CalFresh application assistance to ultimate help those in need receive valuable resources.
- At least one year experience with the CalFresh (SNAP) program or comparable experience.
- Experience working with community agencies and organizations.
- Committed to working with the community to improve their nutritional resources.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Sensitive to needs of a diverse community.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Experience with computers required.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Position Title: Warehouse Assistant, Santa Barbara
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Hours: FT, M-F, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Compensation: $12.50/Hour starting + Health Benefits & Bonus Eligibility
Purpose of the Position: To assist the Warehouse Supervisor with day-to-day activities for operating a warehouse; activities include but are not limited to pulling orders, staging orders, making deliveries, inventory control, maintaining all health and sanitation codes, and general maintenance of facilities and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce, support and carry-out Foodbank policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
- Accurately field, pick, and stage multiple orders throughout the day
- Accurately follow all receiving an inventory control procedures.
- Accurately assist with inventory control activities, such as cycle counts and month end inventory
- Actively participate in meetings relating to workplace and food safety
- Pick up food donations from various locations for delivery to the Foodbank (as instructed).
- Ensure all food and non-food items are handled, stored and distributed in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Perform routine care and maintenance of buildings, and grounds. Assure sanitation and safety procedures are at required level of order and cleanliness in and around the warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager in order to satisfactorily complete Foodbank goals and objectives.
-Positive Attitude and work well in team environment
-One year warehouse experience preferred, forklift driving experience a plus
-Valid CA Driver’s License
-Inventory, customer service experience preferred
-Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to:
Paul Ramirez. No phone calls.
The Foodbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.