The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is committed to being leaders in Community Leadership, by bringing members of our community into our organization and giving them significant responsibility and involvement in running programs, task forces and work groups. By doing so, we can scale our activities to a degree sufficient to end hunger and transform the health of the community through good nutrition.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume via email to Paul Wilkins. No calls please.
JOB TITLE Volunteer Services Manager
Reports to Director of Operations
Hours Full-time, non-exempt
Location Santa Barbara
Salary/Benefits DOE/Full health benefits & wellness program
JOB FUNCTION- The Volunteer Services Manager is responsible for the sourcing, fielding, placing and retention of human talent for the Foodbank. Working with all departments in the organization, this candidate actively recruits individuals who can assist in the warehouse, teach programs, work on development projects and attract knowledge philanthropists – people with highly specialized skills who can bring those skills to bear in assisting the Foodbank with specific projects. This individual also is responsible volunteer placement and tracking and volunteer services development.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Volunteer Services countywide leading a team of volunteer coordinators.
- Lead the recruitment, placement, and retention of community volunteers and leaders for organizational needs. Oversee volunteer orientation and training protocol.
- Build a network of nutrition outreach volunteers in tandem with the train the trainer model to support all Foodbank programs and food literacy activities.
- Manage organizational use of Volunteer Hub, including sign-ups, scheduling and records; review and improve volunteer demographics, culture and infrastructure that results in a high quality, committed volunteers.
- Evaluate volunteer outputs and make changes in order to improve results.
- Send countywide monthly volunteer e-news, maintain volunteer web page and maintain volunteerism presence on social media.
- Oversee community food drives (bi-annual Letter Carrier, Scouting for Food, Holiday Season, etc.)
- Represent the Foodbank in the community at recruitment events and lead volunteer appreciation initiatives including events and recognition.
- Actively cultivate volunteers as potential donors of both time and funds.
- Source and deploy highly skilled ‘knowledge philanthropists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- 3 – 5 years of customer service experience
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment practices
- Direct report management of 3 or more personnel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and requests
- Proficient and effective in written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to groups as well as engaging with individuals one-on-one
- Ability to work in a team and across departments in an organization
- Commitment to greater than 50% on-duty time spent of out-of-office conducting volunteer outreach and recruitment
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite Software, email, and Social Media
- General computer, tech, and software proficiency
- Bilingual, a plus
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.