Our CEO Erik Talkin embarks on the Food Security Challenge this February. He will survive on just $6.46/day to raise critical awareness and bring attention to the food insecure seniors in Santa Barbara County. Stay tuned to our social channels for updates from Erik, and follow him along this challenging journey at foodsecuritychallenge.com
The Foodbank encourages the community to get involved! The public can:
- Follow Talkin’s month-long experience on his Food Security Challenge blog: foodsecuritychallenge.com
- Follow & share on social media, subscribe to Foodbank news updates
- Download the Food Security Challenge Toolkit (PDF) and take the challenge yourself and share your experience with the Foodbank!
- DONATE! Financial donations make the most impact – $250 will sponsor 1 of the 1,692 seniors in the Foodbank Brown Bag program for a year.
- VOLUNTEER! The Foodbank is always seeking eager volunteers who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of thousands of food insecure members of the community.