‘*’ Indicates Required Information
VOLUNTEER TERMS & CONDITIONS, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Between The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County and you (hereinafter “the volunteer”)
Mission: The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is ending hunger and transforming the Health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition.
This document sets forth the responsibilities and understandings of the volunteer and of The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County (hereinafter Foodbank”) regarding volunteer’s participation in volunteer programs partially or wholly coordinated by The Foodbank.
The volunteer agrees as follows:
- The volunteer performs the service of the volunteer’s own free will, without promise, expectation, or receipt of remuneration. The volunteer is not an employee or agent of the Foodbank for any purpose and the volunteer’s services are not controlled nor mandated by the Foodbank.
- If the volunteer is under the age of 18, the volunteer may only participate in volunteer service with the express written consent of the volunteer’s parent or guardian.
- Volunteers are required to be finger printed and pass a background check to work with children
- The volunteer understands and agrees that it is possible that the volunteer may be injured or otherwise harmed during volunteer service due to accidents, acts of nature, the volunteer’s negligent or intentional acts, or the negligent or intentional acts of others; that while the Foodbank has taken some steps to reduce the chances of injuries or harm to the volunteer, that the Foodbank has no control over most risks, and, thus, cannot and does not guarantee nor take any responsibility for the safety of the volunteer or the volunteer’s property while the volunteer is engaged in volunteer service; and that the volunteer must take full responsibility for himself or herself and assume the risk of harm or damage while serving by taking all necessary and reasonable precautions and acting in a manner that will help protect himself or herself and his or her property.
- The volunteer agrees to waive and release the Foodbank from any and all potential claims for injury, illness, damage, or death which the volunteer may have against the Foodbank that might arise out of the volunteer’s service and to hold the Foodbank harmless there from.
- The volunteer agrees and understands that injuries or losses to others, such as co-workers or the person(s) being helped, may occur as a result of the volunteer’s negligent or intentional acts during volunteer service, and that to avoid such harm, the volunteer must exercise care and act responsibly in serving others.
- If any injury or loss to another does occur due to the volunteer’s intentional actions or due to volunteer’s negligent actions arising outside of the scope of the volunteer’s activities, the volunteer must accept the liability for and repair, or make reparations for, the harm done.
- The Foodbank is not providing the volunteer with insurance coverage for any injuries, conditions, or losses to the volunteer arising out of volunteer activities, except that the Foodbank does provide liability insurance coverage on all Foodbank vehicles used during service projects.
- The volunteer must maintain his or her own primary medical insurance and the volunteer’s own automobile liability insurance when driving a non-[organization] vehicle to cover potential medical and other costs related to the volunteer service; and the volunteer is also encourages to maintain property and life insurance coverage while serving as a volunteer.
- All costs for injury or loss above the coverage provided by the volunteer’s insurance are the volunteer’s personal responsibility.
- In projects where the volunteer will be transporting others in a non Foodbank owned vehicle, the volunteer may be required to provide proof of automobile insurance in order to participate.
- Since volunteers are not Foodbank employees, the Foodbank does not provide worker’s compensation coverage for injuries or illnesses to the volunteer arising out of volunteer activities.
- The Foodbank will provide you with a legal defense, upon your request, in response to any claim or action brought against you, arising out of your volunteer service in a program that the Foodbank helps coordinate, where you were acting in good faith and reasonably believed you were acting within the scope of the volunteer activity, and the act in question was not an intentional or knowing act constituting illegal, willful, or wanton misconduct. However, the Foodbank will not defend you in any case where the injury resulted from your operations of a non Foodbank motor vehicle, vessel, aircraft, or other vehicle for which a pilot or operator’s license is required or where the suite is brought by an authorized governmental officer to enforce a federal, state, or local law.
- In legal actions in which the Foodbank provides your defense, the Foodbank will pay for reasonable attorney fees, judgments, settlements, or other expenses directly related to your defense only up to the limits presently stated in the appropriate State statutes, one time only per volunteer. The Foodbank will control the defense and you must reasonably cooperate and comply with the Foodbank decisions and procedures.
- By signing below, I verify that I have read the volunteer information thoroughly and agree to the volunteer guidelines covered in regards to injury of adults or minors, evacuation procedures, and media consent if applicable.
- I give consent for any photographs or video footage that may be taken of me to be used by the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County or any of its participating agencies in any publicity and/or advertising programs which may be undertaken by these organizations in the conduct of their legally incorporated purposes. I release the Foodbank, its participating agencies and any consultants for any liability in connection with the use of such materials.
- I give permission to the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County to seek treatment in case of injury to any minor under my care and allow the Foodbank to take other action should medical emergency arise. I wave and release my right for damages.
- I understand that the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County may modify the terms of this agreement without cause at any time.
- I agree to abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Guidelines.
- I understand that volunteer service does not in any way assure me of a future position with the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County nor does it entitle me to any benefits of regular employment; such as monetary compensation or health insurance.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County agrees to provide the following:
- An assigned staff person to serve as your primary contact for the duration of your volunteer experience.
- An orientation that will identify and define the scope of your duties, outline safety procedures and address any questions.
By signing below, the parties confirm that they have read, understand, and consent to the terms of this waiver agreement.
If Volunteer is under 18, parent/guardian must sign.
Community Leader / Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
The Foodbank’s success hinges on the trust earned by member agencies, clients and contributors. As a Community Leader for the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County, you may come across sensitive and confidential client and/or contributor information. To ensure the protection of such information, you must agree that you will not disclose or share any sensitive and private information and to maintain a high level of professionalism.
I agree to keep all confidential information in a secure place and further agree not to publish, communicate, divulge, use, or disclose, directly or indirectly to any third party any confidential business information, for my benefit or for the benefit of another.
By checking the Terms & Conditions box above, you agree to these terms.