The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is an organization committed to ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. To help our team achieve this, we are looking for a dynamic Marketing Communications Manager.
JOB TITLE Marketing Communication Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location: Santa Barbara, Foodbank Education Center
Exempt, occasional weekends and after hour events; full health and wellness program benefits
JOB FUNCTION- The Marketing Communication Manager is responsible for all marketing efforts to position the organization as an identified leader in supporting the nutritional health of Santa Barbara County.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage and execute an annual strategic marketing and communications plan to span across all platforms and reach appropriate target audiences; support individual giving (online, monthly, tickets sales and whitemail); evaluate the success of various strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure ongoing media coverage during quarterly campaigns, press release production, op ed pieces and campaign talking points serving as Foodbank media liaison in concert with PR & brand consultant(s).
- Develop and produce collateral materials to create a cohesive brand image and messaging for print and digital platforms, i.e. annual report, website updates, events materials (invitations, postcards, sponsorship deck), ads and monthly mailchimp e-news communication.
- Manage direct mail vendor to execute monthly mailings and acquisition.
- Utilize social platforms to engage, educate, increase awareness and build resources for the Foodbank; generate content and incorporate local 3rd party events and cause marketing and national campaigns.
- Create and utilize marketing intern team to broaden reach and impact of the Foodbank.
- Provide departmental support and other duties as assigned or delegated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in marketing, advertising & communications or equivalent experience;
- 2– 4 years of experience in marketing role involving strategic planning, marketing, communication and media relations;
- Demonstrated understanding of non-profit fundraising landscape and trends.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe/InDesign graphic design suites, WordPress, Mailchimp, Squarespace and web programming capacity;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills; results-orientated and a passion for creativity and good nutrition for all;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multifaceted demands; proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.