May 1 – May 31
Join us in sharing your lunch with someone (a child, a senior, a family, a grandparent) in your community during the May. Did you know 1 in 5 Santa Barbara children is at risk of hunger? And this summer, 84% of those children who receive nutrition assistance during the school year won’t have access to nutritious meals they need.
YOU CAN HELP. We’ve set a goal to raise $50,000 to help distribute nutritious meals this summer. SHARE YOUR LUNCH with someone today.
How to participate:
- Donate your lunch money (from a day, from a week, for a month) online or via check.
- Take a photo of your own lunch at home, work or a local restaurant.
- Share your photo with us on our social media channels: Facebook – Foodbank SB, Twitter – FoodbankSBC.
- Inspire others by tagging your local grocery store, business or restaurant where you are having lunch. #ShareYourLunch
CLICK HERE FOR OUR SHARE YOUR LUNCH Toolkit!
- Challenge your colleagues to donate. Take a group photo and share on social media.
- Collect $$ at your church, civic group or club. Mail/deliver the funds to us.
- Have your donation matched by your employer.
- Encourage your employer to sponsor.
Want to sponsor the Share Your Lunch campaign?