Innovate • Lead • Collaborate • Empower • Educate • Advocate
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is a dynamic organization with a visionary yet achievable goal to end hunger and transform the health of our communities through good nutrition.
Are you are interested in building a healthier community through nutritious food? We invite you to consider joining our team of talented, dedicated individuals.
Interested in volunteer internships? Click here.
Current Job Listings
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and a grant writing sample to Dan Thomas at email@example.com. No calls please.
JOB TITLE Director of Grants
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, with flexible remote hours
Exempt position, Santa Barbara
Salary range provided on request
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and a grant-writing sample to Dan Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission Deadline of May 15.
JOB FUNCTION- Directs all aspects of the grants program to secure $1 million in funding for the Foodbank. Directs the work of another staff grant writer. Is responsible for deepening grant maker relationships while composing grant proposals that are aligned with strategic goals and priorities of the organization.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, plan and implement grant strategies for all grant resources.
- Develop, implement and monitor annual grant writing budget; write grant proposals according to grant makers specifications and timelines.
- Facilitate team approach with all departments to build grant content; collaborate with Development staff to build corporate sponsorship and major gifts requests.
- Produce interim and final reports for grant makers.
- Research additional new grant opportunities and establish positive relationships with grant makers including at the Federal and State level.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years experience in grant writing and revenue projections
- Experience of federal and state grant making is a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and maintain outcomes and quality while working independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven results in research, budgeting and facilitation of project management
- Meets financial goals for annual grant funding.
- Meets deadlines for grant submissions and reports
- Maintains accurate files and records on all grant activity and results of research.
- Maintains positive and cooperative working relationships with other members of the staff.
- Effective communication with Chief Development Officer and countywide Development staff.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
If there are no current open positions at the Foodbank listed here, please submit a letter of inquiry along with a resume for future consideration to email@example.com.