Innovate – Lead – Collaborate – Empower – Educate – Advocate
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is a dynamic organization with a visionary yet achievable goal to end hunger and transform the health of our communities through good nutrition.
Are you are interested in building a healthier community through nutritious food? We invite you to consider joining our team of talented, dedicated individuals.
Interested in volunteer internships? Click here.
Current Job Listings
Position Title: Operations and Disaster Services Specialist
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Location: Santa Barbara County, based out of Santa Maria or Santa Barbara
Responsibilities of the Position: The Operations and Disaster Services Specialist will work in collaboration with the Director of Operations and two Warehouse Managers. This position will oversee the Emergency and Disaster Response activities of the Foodbank, including working with county, regional and national organizations who conduct essential emergency response and recovery operations. This position will also liaise with the CEO and other Department Heads on specific disaster preparedness projects. In addition, this position will carry out operational reporting in accordance with Feeding America requirements and compliance with established food and workplace safety standards and regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage disaster and emergency response planning and distributions and play a secondary role under the Director of Operations as liaison to Santa Barbara County’s Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD).
- Work with other departments, such as Community Engagement and Programs to develop and execute Disaster Preparedness projects both internally and externally.
- Manage workplace safety compliance, including monthly inspections, trainings and meetings and assure organizational adherence to OSHA reporting and regulation standards.
- With the Director Operations, establish, update and implement general operating policies, procedures, manuals, reporting and compliance activities.
- Actively facilitate and participate in meetings of the operations management team and food and workplace safety committee meetings.
- In collaboration with our Warehouse Managers, maintain full compliance of the Foodbank Fleet in regards to DMV and County and State Air Resource Board Regulations for use of refrigerated and diesel operated vehicles and develop maintenance and replacement plans.
- Conduct regularly reoccurring reporting to local and national organizations, including the development of reporting systems using Microsoft Navision Software (Ceres) and Jet reports.
- Generate operations statistics/metrics reports and editorial for grant development.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Two years proven operations management experience, preferably with a food wholesale/distribution organization
- Emergency response experience (Red Cross, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, and/or volunteer service)
- CERT training preferred
- Experience in workplace safety compliance and training with knowledge of OSHA regulations and reporting procedures
- Knowledge of food safety laws and regulations, ServSafe® Pre-Certified applicants preferred
- Proven ability to train and develop training programs for staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and warehouse inventory control programs
- Ability to effectively lead a team, as well as, work as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Clean DMV, with flexibility to work between north and south county facilities as required
- Able to pass a pre-employment back ground check, physical and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria as required with the use of a shared company vehicle
To apply for the ABOVE POSITION ONLY (Operations and Disaster Services Specialist), email your cover letter and resume to Paul Wilkins, Foodbank Director of Operations. Only serious candidates, please.
JOB TITLE Healthy Neighborhoods Coordinator
Reports to: Community Programs Supervisor, Impact Department
Hours: Up to 30 hours per month, Non-exempt
Location: The City of Lompoc and Santa Maria Warehouse
JOB FUNCTION- The Healthy Neighborhoods Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Foodbank’s Health Initiative in Lompoc. This initiative is designed to bring together a whole neighborhood of families in the effort to build a resilient and nutritionally healthy community, where food and health become the focus for community engagement, education, and economic development. This position requires local travel in the Lompoc area and to the Foodbank’s Santa Maria warehouse.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Health Initiative program development, volunteer training and management, and all logistics and weekly operations of the Community Food Access Center.
- Manage the weekly logistics of the Community Food Access Center.
- Work to provide tight integration of services in the Community Food Access Center that reflects the needs and desires of the surrounding community.
- Cultivate and deepen relationships with key government and community organizations in the Lompoc area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough understanding of the Lompoc community.
- Program management and/or event planning experience
- Experience with volunteer management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish and English, including the ability to give bilingual public presentations.
- A commitment to the mission of the Foodbank and to modeling health and wellness.
- Able to maintain an exceptional level of communication with the partners, media, community representatives, elected and appointed officials, and co-workers.
- Excellent writing skills and keen attention to detail. Must have the ability to achieve deadlines and be skilled in planning, people, and project management.
- Able to multi-task, collaborate with others to achieve goals, and produce high quality and effective products with limited resources.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a valid CA Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
Compensation: $16-18 per hour, based on experience.
To apply for the ABOVE POSITION ONLY (Healthy Neighborhoods Coordinator), email your cover letter and resume to Paulina Llamas Aranda at email@example.com. Only serious candidates and no phone calls, please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
If there are no current open positions at the Foodbank listed here, please submit a letter of inquiry along with a resume for future consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.