Innovate – Lead – Collaborate – Empower – Educate – Advocate
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is a dynamic organization with a visionary yet achievable goal to end hunger and transform the health of our communities through good nutrition.
Are you are interested in building a healthier community through nutritious food? We invite you to consider joining our team of talented, dedicated individuals.
We value a culture of community leadership where we can help each other and our county to be healthy and food secure.
Interested in volunteer internships? Click here.
Current Job Listings
Position Title: Operations and Disaster Services Specialist
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Location: Santa Barbara County, based out of Santa Maria or Santa Barbara
Responsibilities of the Position: The Operations and Disaster Services Specialist will work in collaboration with the Director of Operations and two Warehouse Managers. This position will oversee the Emergency and Disaster Response activities of the Foodbank, including working with county, regional and national organizations who conduct essential emergency response and recovery operations. This position will also liaise with the CEO and other Department Heads on specific disaster preparedness projects. In addition, this position will carry out operational reporting in accordance with Feeding America requirements and compliance with established food and workplace safety standards and regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage disaster and emergency response planning and distributions and play a secondary role under the Director of Operations as liaison to Santa Barbara County’s Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD).
- Work with other departments, such as Community Engagement and Programs to develop and execute Disaster Preparedness projects both internally and externally.
- Manage workplace safety compliance, including monthly inspections, trainings and meetings and assure organizational adherence to OSHA reporting and regulation standards.
- With the Director Operations, establish, update and implement general operating policies, procedures, manuals, reporting and compliance activities.
- Actively facilitate and participate in meetings of the operations management team and food and workplace safety committee meetings.
- In collaboration with our Warehouse Managers, maintain full compliance of the Foodbank Fleet in regards to DMV and County and State Air Resource Board Regulations for use of refrigerated and diesel operated vehicles and develop maintenance and replacement plans.
- Conduct regularly reoccurring reporting to local and national organizations, including the development of reporting systems using Microsoft Navision Software (Ceres) and Jet reports.
- Generate operations statistics/metrics reports and editorial for grant development.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Two years proven operations management experience, preferably with a food wholesale/distribution organization
- Emergency response experience (Red Cross, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, and/or volunteer service)
- CERT training preferred
- Experience in workplace safety compliance and training with knowledge of OSHA regulations and reporting procedures
- Knowledge of food safety laws and regulations, ServSafe® Pre-Certified applicants preferred
- Proven ability to train and develop training programs for staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and warehouse inventory control programs
- Ability to effectively lead a team, as well as, work as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Clean DMV, with flexibility to work between north and south county facilities as required
- Able to pass a pre-employment back ground check, physical and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria as required with the use of a shared company vehicle
To apply for the ABOVE POSITION (Operations and Disaster Services Specialist), email your cover letter and resume to Paul Wilkins, Foodbank Director of Operations. Only serious candidates, please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
If there are no current open positions at the Foodbank listed here, please submit a letter of inquiry along with a resume for future consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.