The Foodbank relies heavily on the support of our community, and we appreciate the thousands of volunteer hours we receive. Group volunteering is not only a good way of giving back to the community, but can also be a fun activity that brings your employees together and teaches them how to work as a team outside the office.
Schedule a group volunteer project!
South County (Santa Barbara Area) Group Projects: Sign up for a group project by clicking here. Please type the name of your organization/group when you sign up. Contact the Volunteer Services Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
North County (Santa Maria Area) Group Projects: contact Lori Bailey at LBailey@foodbanksbc.org or Laurel Alcantar at LAlcantar@foodbanksbc.org
Group Volunteer Options
- Backyard Bounty – A program of the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County that connects farmers and backyard growers with volunteers to glean fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste.
- Grocery Store Food Drive – Volunteers pick up food donations at grocery stores and local businesses (higher volume during the holidays) regularly.
- Sorting / Packaging at the Warehouse – Volunteers are needed to sort canned and boxed food donations and re-package bulk foods for distribution to families and individuals.
- Fundraising – Create your own fundraiser or volunteer at one of ours.
- Events – volunteer at various events.