Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
A charitable remainder unitrust with Foodbank of Santa Barbara County can provide you and/or other beneficiaries with income for life or for a fixed number of years. For your donation, which can be appreciated securities or real estate, you receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the unitrust and savings on capital gains taxes, too. You will also have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and Foodbank of Santa Barbara County later. With this type of gift you can:
- Avoid paying capital gains on sales of appreciated stock and real estate
- Convert the full value of stock into a lifetime income stream
- Receive a significant charitable income tax deduction
- Remove assets from your taxable estate
We recommend seeking advice from your CPA and your Estate Planning Attorney to learn of the advantages to you as you seek to grow your legacy with the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County.
Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
If you would like to receive a tax deduction while making a gift that pays you an income for life, consider the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County for your charitable gift annuity.
Here is what may be the most concise explanation of gift annuities you will ever hear:
- You make a gift of at least $25,000.
- In exchange you receive fixed annual payments — for as long as you live — at an attractive payment rate and a charitable deduction, too.
- You enjoy the satisfaction of making a gift that benefits you now and, in the future, helps fund food security and food literacy programs throughout our County for all ages.
Our Foodbank team partners with the Santa Barbara Foundation for the administration and management of our gift annuity program. Must age 65+ with a minimum gift of $25,000. Please contact Jessica Sanchez at the Santa Barbara Foundation for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org (805) 880-9366