Help GROW the Foodbank’s Backyard Bounty Program.
Backyard Bounty harvests fresh produce from residential yards, orchards and farms throughout our county. $1 = 4.5 pounds of fresh, local produce for those in need
OUR GOAL IS TO HARVEST 225,000 LBS OF PRODUCE BY APRIL 1.
The need: During the winter months, we struggle to keep our warehouses stocked with produce.
Your donation helps us:
- Fuel our trucks (delivery of bins to harvest sites, collection of harvests & transportation back to Foodbank warehouses & delivery to Foodbank nutrition programs & those in need).
- Power our cooler/freezer unit & properly store fresh, local produce.
- Support Foodbank staff team members who manage the program & produce inventory & delivery to the community.
- Provide Harvest Kits for volunteers with clippers, pole pickers, ladders & first aid kits.
- Distribute outreach and educational materials for volunteers, farmers & homeowners.
You can donate here.