“The Power of Cruciferous Vegetables”
The Food as Medicine series was created as a way to educate the community on how food affects your body and how making healthy choices can lead to a healthier life. Presented by professional nutrition experts Vibeke Weiland & Randi Miller, this lecture will cover how adding cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage to your family’s diet can help prevent cancer, detoxify harmful chemicals from your body, and positively change the way your genes affect your health.
These lectures are free of charge, however seating is limited. To reserve your spot, please email Lacey Baldiviez – email@example.com or call (805) 280-2064.
Wednesday, February 13, 6:30-8 pm
Faulkner Gallery, Santa Barbara Public Library
40 E. Anapamu Street
This class will include:
- A comprehensive list of cruciferous vegetables—there are more than you think!
- An in-depth look at the compound they contain that makes them so potent
- Tips and tricks for maximizing the nutritional power of foods you already eat, like broccoli and cauliflower
- Prepared recipe tasting (such as Coconut Braised Kale and Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Dates)
- Delicious and healthy recipes to take home and incorporate into your family’s diet
- Wine and refreshments