Santa Barbara, CA — August 29, 2019 —The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is proud to be selected as a charity partner for the Albertsons and Vons Foundation annual Hunger Is campaign to eradicate child hunger. The campaign encourages shoppers to donate at the register while checking out at Albertsons and Vons stores, and then distributes the proceeds to local food banks.
All donations made at local Albertsons stores will benefit the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County, where they will improve the child nutrition programs and sustain distributions of fresh produce and healthy food to families. Currently, the Foodbank distributes ten million pounds of food annually, half of which is fresh produce, to over 190,000 county residents. Forty percent of those helped by the Foodbank are children.
Participating Albertsons and Vons locations in Santa Barbara County include:
- Albertsons, 2320 South Broadway, Santa Maria CA 93454
- Vons, 817 E. Main St., Santa Maria CA 93454
- Albertsons, 1120 East Clark Ave., Orcutt CA 93455
- Vons, 729 North H St., Lompoc CA 93436
- Albertsons, 1500 N. ‘H’ Street, Lompoc CA 93436
- Albertsons, 222 E Hwy 246, Buellton CA 93427
- Albertsons, 7127 Hollister Ave. #27, Goleta CA 93117
- Albertsons, 5801 Calle Real, Goleta CA 93117
- Vons, 163 S. Turnpike Rd, Goleta CA 93117
- Vons, 2010 Cliff Dr., Santa Barbara CA 93109
- Vons, 1040 Coast Village Rd., Montecito CA 93108
- Albertsons, 1018 Casitas Pass Rd., Carpinteria CA 93013
“This gift will have a tremendous impact on our program,” said Foodbank CEO, Erik Talkin. “We’d like to thank our local Albertsons and Vons for selecting us as their charity partner and local supporters for fighting hunger by making a donation at the checkout register. We’d also like to thank the Albertsons and Vons Foundation for its dedication to ensuring that no child has to start their day hungry.”
Hunger Is, a charitable program of the Albertsons and Vons Foundation, is designed to build awareness and raise funds in an effort to eradicate childhood hunger in America. Funds raised through Hunger Is focus on adding breakfasts in and out of school through federal nutrition programs and other means focused on combatting childhood hunger and improving other health-related outcomes.
“It’s an honor to support the work of the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County. Every day we learn about organizations that go above and beyond to help people in need,” said Christy Duncan Anderson, Executive Director and President, Albertsons Companies Foundation. “Such selfless dedication makes our communities better places to live and work.”
Anyone wishing to support the Foodbank through this program can simply go to the Albertsons and Vons locations listed above and make a donation to the Hunger Is program at checkout September 1-30.