Homemade Pistachio Raisin Bars
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Mins
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: 1 bar)
Why buy store-bought granola bars when it’s so easy—and so much healthier—to make them at home? Switch them up with any dried fruit, nuts, or grains you like.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted roasted pistachios
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper; let excess hang over edge.
- Spread oats onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F until toasted, about 12 minutes. Place in a medium bowl; cool.
- Place sunflower seed butter, agave syrup, and oil in a microwavable bowl. Microwave at high until warm, about 30 seconds; whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla, salt, and egg white.
- Add pistachios and raisins to oats. Pour sunflower seed butter mixture over oat mixture; stir until well combined. Using a spatula, press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F until lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan using parchment paper. Cool completely on rack. Cut into 12 (4- x 1 1/3-inch) bars.