One-Pan Salmon and Veggie Bake
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 ¼ lbs. Wild-caught salmon, cut into 4 portions
- 1 lb. sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill (or ½ tsp. dried dill)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the marinade by whisking together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, sea salt and pepper. With about half of the marinade, marinate the salmon filets in a shallow dish or zip-top bag while you prepare the veggies.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry. Using a knife or mandolin slicer, thinly slice the sweet potato (with peel intact) into rounds about 1/8th-1/4th inch thick.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Add green beans and red onions.
- Drizzle the remaining marinade over vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables in a thin layer. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes toss the veggies and make a space for each of the salmon filets. Nestle marinated salmon filets into the vegetables. Arrange lemon slices over the top of each filet and dash with a little salt and pepper.
- Place pan back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check salmon for doneness. If it flakes easily with a fork and is no longer opaque then it’s done. If vegetables are done to your liking, remove from oven and serve. **IF salmon is done before the vegetables, remove salmon to a plate and loosely cover with a second plate or a lid. Return vegetables to the oven and continue to cook until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve salmon and vegetables with additional lemon wedges and sea salt and pepper, if desired.