Here is a summer recipe from our Teens Love Cooking classes, which we offer in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria and Carpinteria. Try cooking this recipe at home!
Picking up the basil and tomatoes from your local farmers market will make this recipe taste that much fresher! It’s the perfect dish for sharing at picnics or potlucks.
- 8 ounces dry whole-wheat rotini or other shaped pasta
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse.
- Combine pasta with remaining ingredients and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature prior to serving.